Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sunny March

Wow! I can hardly believe that we have had weather in the upper 70s in the past week!  It is so beautiful here in Michigan right now, that all of my dislike for this mitten-shaped state that formed over our rather mild winter has dissolved!  I have never been a huge fan of winter.  I always prefer the warmer seasons, like spring, summer and fall! 

With every passing season, I am reminded of how our God is in control.  We were told by our friendly weatherman to anticipate a colder and harsher winter that we had, and I'm sure that back in October of last year, that same weatherman did not expect us to be having 78 degree weather on St. Patrick's day, in the middle of March!  However, I am not complaining, actually I am far from complaining.  I am amazed at how every day, every month, every year, our God shows us how he is in control.  He brings the seasons, just as he brings the next day into existence.  He guides the birds, to and from their northern habitat here in western Michigan.  He grows each tree, flower, bush, grass, and every living thing.  I am so thankful for the reminder of his control as we begin to see Spring blossom all around us!  How Great is our God!

And so, our little family of three (well, four if you count the dog) enjoyed our time out in God's creation this week!  Jonas got to feel the grass for the first time.  He thought that was pretty cool, almost cool enough to eat!  Good thing mom was close by to keep the leaves out of his mouth!  I can see the excitement in his eyes when we are outside.  He loves the warm air and the sun shining on his face!  I think he and I are going to catch quite a few rays this summer!

Jonas is quite the character.  When he is laying in his crib, usually just after he wakes up from a nap, he loves to stare up at the mobile that hangs at one end of his bed.  Evidently it isn't quite entertaining enough for him, because as he stares up, he bangs his feet down on the mattress as hard as he possibly can, and in turn shake the mobile!  The little zoo animals are so much more entertaining when they are moving!  I think we are going to be in for quite an exciting summer this year!  I'm just hoping I will be able to keep up with him! 

Here are a few snapshots from our week!  Hope you enjoy!  God Bless you all!


I just love his little toes!



Even Dora enjoyed some time outside!








He likes to make this face at his daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment