Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Proofing Beginnings

Well, my little stinker keeps on changing! Over Easter Weekend, Jonas started to army crawl!  It was so exciting to see his little face so determined as he tried to move.  He was so excited when he finally did move that he gave a little squeal! Since then, he has gone from moving an inch or two, to a full crawl.  He gets around very fast now.  And so, now that my little man is on the move, I have started to baby proof the house.  So far, we have added the little outlet covers, taped down excess cords that can't be hidden, installed a baby gate, moved items up higher on shelves, and lowered his crib to the lowest setting.  I have a few drawer and cabinet stoppers that I need to install to keep my little nosey baby out of the knives drawer!

It is so fun to see how much our home has changed in the past two years that we have lived here.  When we first moved in, back in April 2010, we had hardly any furniture.  There were two empty rooms and we owned one nasty old couch.  Last April, we had transformed our office into the baby's room, merged the office and spare room together, and finally replaced our old couch for something nicer (and newer!).  Now we have baby toys everywhere, too many baby gadgets to count, and a little one crawling all around.  Life changes so fast!

Our sweet little boy is already eight months old and it is so fun to watch his personality develop.  I can already tell that he has a bit of my temperament. My dad's family is Italian, so I tend to have a bit of the Italian spunk creep through in my reactions sometimes.  I am starting to see that in Jonas too!  I think he will be quite the little spitfire when he gets older.  Jonas has also developed a very sweet disposition.  Every time I go to get Jonas up from a nap, he gets the biggest smile on his face!  It is priceless!  He also loves to give hugs and slobbery kisses.  When it comes to his food, Jonas is 100% serious.  There is no messing around when it comes to meal times!  The second he is in his highchair, the anticipation begins!  I think some people think he never eats when they see him like this, but on the contrary, Jonas eats much more than you would think!

It has been very fun to watch Steve interact with Jonas in these past few months.  The two of them have a very special bond; one that only father and son could have.  Jonas gets so excited when Daddy comes home from work!  Between Jonas and our puppy Dora, the house is quite noisy when Steve arrives home.  They both love him so much!  Sometimes I think Dora tries to compete with Jonas to show more excitement for his return!  It is quite the site! 

Here are a few photos from the past month!  God Bless you all!





Jonas's Aunt Kayla came to visit for a few days over her spring break!  We took a trip to the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids.


No comments:

Post a Comment