Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Little Gentleman

Jo,

This past year has been so much fun watching you grow!  You have changed so much in the past 12 short months, it just amazes me.  I know every mom says this about their child, but please stop growing up so fast!  Last year, you were just a little guy, and it seems like overnight, you have become this young man, eager to grow up and make us proud.  And I'm not ready for that!  I remember you as a little guy, always running here and there.  You still run around with the energy of an new puppy, but you are much more intentional about your ways.  You have developed a new interest in detail this past year.  I often find toys organized in groups either based on color or size.  It makes me smile to see your little brain work so hard to put things in order.  You have been working hard on learning your letter sounds this month, and we have them almost all down!  That "c" still gets a bit tricky to you in comparison to the "s" sound, but I know you will learn it soon! 

Just in the past few months, I have noticed a great change in your behavior towards your little sister, Joelle.  Even this morning, you were just so sweet to her.  Yes, there are times that you cause trouble or bother her just because you can, but today was different!  At the checkout register, Joelle was proudly saying that she would be the first to ride Sandy, the penny horse, at Meijer.  And you looked at her and said "Ok, Joelle, you get to go first this time, because I'm a gentleman and I'll let you go first!"  It was so wonderful to see you choose your sister to go first!  I knew that part of you wanted to say that you would go first, but I am so proud of you for making that small choice to be a gentleman.  You really are such a sweet boy, Jonas! 

We have been reading a wonderful book this past week about Heaven and learning and sharing about what we will see and do in Heaven!  I have been praying for you, and I am so glad that you are excited to learn about God and understand more about Him and Jesus and Heaven!  It is so exciting to be able to help you to understand more, and I pray that your curiosity and desire to know God will continue to grow and develop into a deep Love for our Savior.  Jonas, God loves you so much!  And He is so happy that you are becoming a little Gentleman, and we are too! 

Thank you for the past 4 years, Jonas!  This next year is going to be so much fun! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment