Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Brand New + One Month and a Day

Somehow, between falling asleep and feeding, burping, and changing you, you grew up one month.  I looked down at my phone today and realized that I officially missed your "one month birthday", if that really is a thing.  I like to pretend that things are back to normal, but I think that you are the only one who sees through my sleepy smile.  I'm pretty good at acting like I can pull off this whole "mom of 3 kids 3 and under" thing, but in reality, I am just a mom in need of grace (and lots of it!)  Thanks for loving me just the same. 

This past month has been pretty uneventful; lots of days spent inside, lots of sleepy afternoons on the couch; lots of sleepless nights.  But, you know what?  I am grateful for each day!  Over the past year, I have learned that every day with you (and your brother, sister, and daddy) is a gift.  Every single day is a gift that I don't deserve, but I am given.  God has graciously given you to us and I pray that not a day goes by that I don't remember that! 












No comments:

Post a Comment