Thursday, August 21, 2014

How can you be 3?

My Little Jonas Malachi

It seems like just a short time ago I was holding you in my arms for the very first time, and now you are 3 years old!  It just doesn't seem possible!  You have grown so much over this past year, and it makes me incredibly proud to see you become a sweet little boy.  But there will always be a part of my heart that misses the just-born-tiny-little-baby Jonas, and the just-learning-to-crawl Jonas, and the singing-all-of-the-wrong-words-to-the-song Jonas.  This new Big-Boy-Jonas is just that, it's new! You have changed from a little baby to a toddler and now into a young boy!  My, how time flies! 

Over the past year, I have watched you learn new things, like how to ride a tricycle and how to use the potty, but I have also watched you grow on the inside too.  I have watched you struggle to understand why we have to say "no" sometimes, and why you have to share your toys, but there is nothing that makes me more proud than to see you overcome that natural reaction to be angry or to be mean.  It makes me so happy to see you share and play nicely with your sister and to watch you listen to mommy and daddy without complaining.  I know these things take time to learn, and we will try to be patient with you as best we can!  You know, mom and dad make mistakes too sometimes!  Jonas, we pray that you will continue to struggle against your sin nature, and fight to be the little boy that God wants you to be; the little boy that we love to see shine through you.  We pray that you will continue to learn about God and all of the amazing things he has done in our lives and in this world.  I love to see the spark in your eyes when we talk about the amazing things that He has done!  I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide you down the path toward Salvation and that some day you will fully understand the Love that God has for you! 

Jonas, the joy that we see and experience from you every day is such a blessing in our lives!  Even on the rainiest of days, like today, you find a way to be happy and you bring that joy into our home.  Thank you for your incredible smile.  So many times I have had a rough morning, and your smile is what wakes me up and reminds me of God's love for us.  It is my little reminder to be happy too!  Don't ever let that joy escape you.  Hold onto it tight and let it shine like you so often do. 

I know that in the years to come, you will continue to change and grow and learn new things.  Always remember that your dad and I love you and we are so proud of you.  You are an incredible little boy and we can't wait to see you grow over this next year! 

We love you Jonas!





Pictures of Jonas from 2-3 years old
















No comments:

Post a Comment